It goes without saying that we're rather mad about greeting cards here at Coulson Macleod. So, we thought we'd put together a little infographic containing a few interesting facts about this particular industry.
Feel free to share!
Greeting Card Facts
• An estimated £1.5 billion is spent on cards every year in the UK with the average person buying 33 cards within that period
• 58% of all card purchases are for birthdays (with the most common month for birthdays being September)
• A 2013 study by Royal Mail found that people have a much more positive reaction to traditional cards over social media or text messages. In this digital age, receiving a handwritten card in the post is good for mood & wellbeing. So, say it with a card!
• The most cards received by a single person is a whopping 350,000,000. We can't even begin to comprehend that sheer volume of mail!
• 85% of greeting card purchases are made by women